Has COVID-19 affected how you operate the studio?
Yes! Unfortunately we have some new rules in place so please follow our new guidelines as we outlined in our blog and social media. Some important changes include:
- No guests allowed - please call when you arrive at our door before entry
- Masks must be worn by you at all times in the studio
- Please do not bring any unnecessary items; have lids on beverages
- We will be checking temperatures and asking for hand sanitizing prior to your appointment
- We will accept deposits through PayPal, however, tattoo balances are due in cash
- In order to receive a tattoo appointment you must fill out an online booking form; no in person requests
- Artists will may have less availability due to the mandated shutdown of the studio and backlogged appointments; they will require additional time for setup and teardown between clients
What should I do if I have to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
Cancellations and reschedules are accepted over the phone or in person only. We cannot accept cancellations or reschedules through email or any form of social media since they may not be checked daily. Please keep in mind a cancellation at any time, or a reschedule that is less than 48 hours prior to the start of you appointment will result in forfeiture of your deposit. No exceptions.
How much do you charge for tattoos? What payment do you accept?
Pricing is dependent upon many visual factors. Subject matter, size, location, and color scheme are all accounted for in our pricing. Larger pieces are typically charged by the hour, and smaller things will be priced for what they are. It's best to physically stop in to inquire about a price quote. Our shop minimum is $60 and our hourly rate runs up to $150/hr. Cash is accepted, as well as our gift cards. We do have an ATM on site for your convenience!
How can I book an appointment if I am from out of town?
If you live outside of the Metro Area, please send over photos of your tattoo ideas, as well as details on our website booking form here: https://nebraska.blacksquirreltattoo.com/booking-requests/. After all the details are worked out we may send you a PayPal deposit invoice to hold your appt time. Shop email: email@example.com
Where should I park?
We offer compact vehicle parking at the front of the shop. If you have a larger vehicle we ask that you park either in the lot across the street, in the lot behind Gorat's Steakhouse to the east of our building, at the Elbow Room to our west, or use street parking.
Can I see my drawing ahead of time?
There isn't a definitive answer to this question since each client request is so specific, however, with each individual artist having their own very unique creative process we prefer not to show custom drawings in advance; and here's why:
- We take each individual request as it comes in. Each artist will take a first-come, first-serve approach to drawing. This means there might be several client drawings ahead of yours so please be patient!
- Inconsistent, redesigning requests end up taking design time away from artists personal time off since they set aside specific drawing time for your appointment. That being said, if your mind changes on any aspect of the design after approval and/or a consultation you must let your artist know with plenty of notice.
- TRUST is very important in our line of work. You choose to work with a specific artist because you appreciate their talent & unique style. If artists designed solely on clients specifications that would take away from the artistic license we require to create individualized designs. Minor changes and suggestions are always welcomed after we present the design because they can be adjusted on the spot.
- If you do end up requiring a complete redesign, your appointment will need to be rescheduled, resulting in a portion of your deposit being cashed out to compensate the artist for the time spent not tattooing you that day. Clear and concise communication with your artist on the front end should neutralize any possible issues throughout the process!
I have some reference images I need to get to my artist before my appointment. Where do I send them?
Best place to send images is to our main email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you send in your references at the time of booking or as early as possible in the weeks/days leading to your appointment.
Can we bring our kids with us?
Sorry, but we have a strict NO children rule in the shop. We love kids, but we prefer that you find sitter for the time we will be spending together. We would rather focus on you and perfecting your tattoo!
How can I get a price estimate for a tattoo I want?
It is difficult to determine what you may want from a quick phone call or email due to the fact that there are many variables when it comes to price including size, detail, placement, etc. We strive to give our clients the best results and believe that is proceeded by good communication. Please stop by or request a personal consultation to meet our artists.
Remember, when you pay for a tattoo, you will get what you pay for. If you can't pay for it right now, save for it. It will be worth it since you will be wearing it for life.
Do you require a deposit for an appointment?
Yes, all initial appointments require a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- Basic Tattoos require a $60 cash deposit that is used towards the cost of your tattoo.
- Any piece that is 3 hours or more that will be completed in a single session require a $100 cash deposit.
- Any all day or larger multi-session project (1/2 sleeves, sleeves, back pieces, etc.) require a $200 cash deposit. $100 will be used towards the cost of your first session, the other $100 will be a good faith deposit for future appointments and will be used for your final session.
What is your walk-in policy?
We take walk-ins when we have time available outside of our appointments. You can call the shop to inquire about day to day availability, or keep up with our social media postings. Walk-ins are on a first come-first served basis; so the earlier you arrive, the more likely you are to be helped first. We do not hold any spots over the phone, we ask that you physically walk into the shop and sign in on our list. Lastly, a walk-in tattoo must be something that can be designed and tattooed within a 2 hour time frame. Unfortunately, we do not take cover-ups, re works, or in progress clients on walk-in day.
Where will it hurt less on my body?
Unfortunately it ALL hurts. Some areas, whether a piercing or tattoo, are less intense than others; but honestly, there will always be an amount of discomfort. You should never let this determine where you want your body art because part of the process is enduring the pain. Simply prepare mentally for your choice, then remember that luckily the pain is only temporary!
How do I care for my new tattoo?
Our staff will supply you with written or an email copy of our aftercare when you are finished with your procedure. Our professionals have many years of experience so we recommend you follow their guidelines closely. If you choose to follow advice from others, we cannot guarantee your best results.
How old do I have to be to get a tattoo?
We only tattoo persons 18 years of age or older. We require IDs from everyone for every procedure. Acceptable forms of identification are: a state issued ID card, drivers license, passport, or Military ID.
Do I tip my tattoo artist?
Although there are no specific rules on how much you should give your tattoo artist, it’s really based more on heartfelt gratuity. We charge what we think is a fair price for our work, and are extremely grateful when clients are moved to express appreciation through tips or other gifts!
Do you offer body piercing?
Unfortunately we do not offer body piercing.